About Agri-Business Division
This sector is composed of Agrochemical and Animal Health
Deal with supply and manufacture of Insecticides, Fungicides, Herbicides, Foliar Fertilizers, Biological Products, Growth Media, Green House sheeting and Spray Equipments.
- Insecticides: are agents of chemical or biological origin that control insects. Control may result from killing the insect or otherwise preventing it from engaging in behaviors deemed destructive. Insecticides may be natural or manmade and are applied to target pests in a myriad of formulations and delivery systems (sprays, baits, slow-release diffusion, etc.). .
- Fungicides: are chemical compounds or biological organisms used to kill or inhibit fungi or fungal spores. Fungi can cause serious damage in agriculture, resulting in critical losses of yield, quality and profit..
- Herbicides: which are substances used to kill plants, usually unwanted weeds. There are two types of herbicides:
- Species specific (Selective). These herbicides kill specific plant species, leaving other species unharmed.
- Non-specific (Non-Selective). These herbicides kill any plant they come in contact with.
- Foliar Fertilizers and Bio stimulants which stimulate crop growth by providing nutritional support, maximizing nutritional uptake and utilization.
- Sprays and Equipments.
NB: Link the subdivisions to products
Deals with supply and manufacture of products and equipments in the Livestock and Poultry industry.
Categories of products include:
- Livestock Products: Dewormers, Mineral Supplements & Metabolic Stimulants, Acaricides, Trypanocidals, Antimicrobials and Disinfectants & Antiseptics
- Poultry Products: Supplements, Vaccines, and Antimicrobials.
- Other Products & Equipments: Sprayers, Toxorid, Bloatosil,. Vaccine & Identification Equipments