Iron Red Oxide Pigments posses the following excellent physical and chemical properties:
Resistance to alkali
They are very stable to alkaline substances, such as cement, lime, etc. Mostly used in architecture and cause no efflorescence in concrete construction, nor affecting their strength.
Resistance to acid
Fairly stable in weak and dilute acid, but sensitive to strong acid.
Fastness to light
They are characterised by excellent fastness to light, and can withstand exposure to strong sunlight without discolouration.
Fastness to heat
No discolouration will occur within a certain limit of temperature.
Insoluble in water and organic solvents, also cause no bleeding. Enhancing the anti-corrosive properties in paint. No effect on the vulcanising process of Rubber, reinforcing rubber products.
The yellow and brown types contain relatively large amounts of chemically bound water, which has taken into account when determining the loss on heating.
The Iron Red Oxide pigments have a wide range of colouring materials for architecture and concrete construction:
1. Various kinds of indoor construction material, i.e. walls, terraces, ceilings, pillars, corridors, stairs, roads, garages, car parks, stations etc.
2. Various kinds of building ceramics and glazed ceramics i.e. bricks, facing bricks, floor tiles, panels, draining pipes, terrazzo, mosaic tiles, artificial marbles, asbestos cements etc.
Coatings and paints
1. Colouring and anti – corrosive materials for paint and lacquer.
2. Enamel paint, mixed paint, baking enamel, lacquer, anti – corrosive paint, marine paint and all kinds of water-based paint, powder paint, plastic paint and coil coating etc.
Plastic and Rubber
1. Colouring materials for plastic products: Thermosetting plastics i.e. aminoplastic, phenolplastic etc.
2. Colouring materials for rubber products: Rubber tyre tubes for automobiles, aeroplanes and bicycles soles etc.