Bio-Catch Active Ingredient: Verticullium(Lecanicillium) Lecanii
Bio-Catch is a biological insecticide based on a selective strain of naturally -occuring entomopathogenic fungus; Verticullium (Lecanicillium) Lecanii
Bio-Catch Mode of Action
- Verticullium Lecanii is an entomopathogenic fungus. An entomopathogenic fungus is a soil-based microorganism that infects and kills insect and other arthropods through cuticle penetration.
- Acts by contact action
- The spore comes into contact with the cuticle, it attaches itself and starts germinating to produce a hyphae.
- The hyphae penetrates the insects body and destroys its internal structures by causing pressure and destroying extra-cellular enzymes resulting in the insects death.
- Infected insects appear as white-yellowish cottony particles.
- Takes 2-3days from infection to the insects death.
Rate of Use: Liquid: 2-3ltr/ha. Powder: 3-4kg/ha
Bio-Catch Application Guide
- V. Lecanii works best in a temperature of 16-26OC and a relative humidity of 85-90% during the first2-3days
- Avoid chemical fungicide spray at least a day before and after using Bio Catch. Don’t mix product with chemical fungicide.
- Apply early morning or late evening. Avoid using product in high temperatures as this affects fungus growth.
- Spray thoroughly on both sides of the leaf.
- Use high volume spray to achieve maximum coverage
- Alternate with chemical products for better pests control and to avoid resistance development.
- Works best on insects in their early stages.
- Compatible with neem products and other biopesticides
- Product should be sprayed immediately on mixing. Don’t leave overnight.
- Maintain a minimum Relative Humidity of 70% for at least 12hours after product spray.
Features & Benefits
- Broad spectrum – Controls all sucking pests on a wide range of crops
- Bio Catch is eco-friendly, is safe to humas, animals and beneficial insects.
- Is not phytotoxic
- Can be used for Intergrated Pest Management.
- Fast Acting, Kills insect in 3 days of contact
- Does not create resurgence, resistance and residue problems.
Target Pests: Aphids, Jassids, Whitefly, Leaf hoppers, and Mealy bugs
Target Crops: French beans, Roses
PHI – Pre-Harvest Interval: N/A
Repeat Spray: 5-7 days
Available Packs: 1ltr